To get the best results from your Botox treatment, there are things you can do before, during, and after the treatment. If you have an upcoming treatment scheduled, here are some tips to help you get the results you desire.
- Be honest about your health. To avoid complications from the treatment, it is important that your doctor be fully aware of your medical history, including any herbs or supplements you are taking.
- Do not take blood thinners. Blood thinners, such as aspirin, can make your skin more susceptible to bruising following a treatment.
- Clean your skin before the treatment. Before the injection, your skin is prepped with alcohol. Any makeup you are wearing will be removed, so you can save yourself some time and effort by cleaning your skin ahead of time.
- Avoid massaging the face. After the treatment, it is important that you avoid manipulating or massaging your face. Your doctor might recommend that you wait a few days before doing so.
- Skip the workout. If you plan to workout in the first few hours following the treatment, forget about it. The Botox filler can move to other areas while exercising. Leave the workout for the next day to be safe.
- Be patient. Following the Botox treatment, it can take up to two weeks before you see the results you want. If you are tempted to schedule a corrective filler, wait until the two weeks has passed.
- Seek medical attention for complications. If you have an allergic reaction to the Botox, seek medical treatment.
- Use ice for bruising. If you experience small bruising following the treatment, apply ice packs to the bruised area.
- Move your facial muscles. In the hour after you have treatment, try making exaggerated facial expressions. Doing this can possibly help the treatment last longer as it starts to settle.
- Do not drink alcohol. Alcohol can slow the recovery process after a Botox treatment. Ask your doctor how long he or she recommends that you wait before you can consume alcohol again.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Stick to cool areas to avoid experiencing a side effect from the treatment. If you do go outside, wear a hat to protect your face.
Talk to your doctor before the Botox treatment to discover if there are other steps you can take to ensure you get the best results. Your doctor can also address any concerns you have ahead of the treatment.
For professional skin care, contact a company such as Medical Skin Care Center.